With the use of a Popdock widget you can integrate a Popdock list or multiple lists directly into your Salesforce user interface either as a tab at the top or as a button that opens up a new window. The following shows how to create a new custom tab on your Salesforce main page which uses the embedded Popdock widget.
A Popdock widget will need to be created prior to following these steps because you will need the widget URL. Click here to learn how to create a Popdock widget.
1. Click the setup icon at the top right next to your profile icon, then select “Setup”.
2. In the left navigation, click on Custom Code so you can choose the Visualforce Pages option.
3. Click on New, to create a new Visualforce Page.
4. Give your new Visualforce Page a Label, then give it a Name, this field cannot contain spaces. If you want you can also add a Description. In the tab labeled Visualforce Markup, this contains the code that makes up the Visualforce Page. You will need to delete the default code and paste the code created by the Code generator for a Visualforce page from the widget embed codes:
5. Click the “Save” button and you should see you new Visualforce Page listed.
6. Next using the left navigation, click on “User Interface”. Then click on “Tabs”.
7. Here you will want to create a new Visualforce Tab so under the Visualforce Tabs, click on the “New” button.
8. Choose your Visualforce Page from the drop down menu, then give your tab a Label, Name, and choose a Tab Style. The rest of the fields are optional. Once you have completed the fields, click the “Next” button.
9. The next page in the tab setup is if you want to add to only specific profiles. In this case I have left the default settings and clicked the “Next” button.
10. In this step you can choose the custom apps that you want the new tab to be available on. I have again left the default and clicked the “Save” button.
Now you will see the new tab added to your Visualforce Tabs and you can go to your Salesforce main page to see the new tab has been added.