Using an Azure Data Lake you can migrate your Smartlist data from Dynamics GP. Having this data accessible in Popdock allows you to create a Popdock widget which can be embedded into any system that allows a customized embedded iFrame. Whether you are migrating to Business Central, Salesforce, Netsuite, or any of the major systems that allows customization, we have shown how embedding your data as a widget and passing through a parameter can show you specific historical data that can help with your company’s transition to using a new system.
Once you have your data lake connected, you can now start moving Smartlists from your Dynamics GP connector to your Azure Data Lake.
1. In Popdock, click on the 3 lines that open the main menu, then click on Connectors.
2. Next, you want to click on the edit icon next to your Azure Data Lake connector.
3. Now click on Lists in the left navigation menu.
4. Here is where you want to click on the Upload list button at the top right.
5. You should now see the following window popup with 3 steps to complete: Source list, Azure Data Lake list, and Options.
6. Complete the following on the Source list dropdowns:
7. Then click on Azure Data Lake list bullet for these fields, by default they are populated, but you can make any changes here before moving to the last step:
8. Now click on the Options bullet:
9. Now click Save.
10. The list will load to your data lake and now will be available through the Azure Data Lake connector.